To improve the performances of an hospital, the starting point is undoubtedly the efficiency of the staff and the optimization of the use of assets.
Localization solutions provide real-time data to identify movement patterns and have all the information needed to make informed decisions, streamline
workflows and improve patient care.
project, created by a partnership of companies and research institutions, including BlueUp,
aims to create a service that is able to optimize the following processes:
• flow of patients and employees
• management of the density and number of people present inside a building for the purpose of the correct execution and
commissioning of evacuation plans in case of emergency
• management of situations of danger for the safety of personnel linked to accidental or malicious events
• tracking of goods and physical assets aimed at optimizing logistics and reducing thefts
• detection of emergency conditions or conditions of illness during the performance of one's activities
• monitoring of gatherings and physical distancing imposed by the recent problems generated by the COVID-19 virus
The goal will be achieved through a new generation of indoor and outdoor RTLS services for the hospital environment based on the integration of a wide range of technologies:
IoT, BLE, Computer Vision,
Deep Learning, Edge Computing and innovative automation systems. One of the objectives of ATLAS, is the design and production of a Smart Access Terminal (SAT)
system integrated IPS (Indoor Positioning System) based on
new-generation motorized gates (IoT-enabled gates called smart pedestrian access control gates) capable of acquiring real-time transit data (using both BLE and radar sensors)
and communicating with the IPS platform.
The IPS platform uses proprietary wireless mesh infrastructure, that allows to reduce costs and avoid the need for additional data infrastructure. Position data is sampled
with periodic interval, and special alarm events (panic-button pressure, man-down, ...)
are sent to the centralized control system with position information.
In the global market of RTLS solutions for healthcare, ATLAS is unique: while the existing RTLS solutions target Smart Hospitals,
ATLAS is aimed at any hospital structure, as it is capable of transforming it into a Smart Hospital.
Finally, ATLAS differs in the processing of data and respect for privacy thanks to an Edge Computing solution, in which processing of sensitive data
occurs on the edge (i.e. on gateways installed in the hospital itself), instead of being managed by a server on a remote cloud owned by the service provider.