BlueBeacon Gateway W is a BLE-beacon gateway with BT5-ready BLE module and LAN/WLAN interface that allows to communicate with BLE beacons (new software manages both scanning for generic BLE beacons and
connecting to BlueBeacon beacons).
BlueBeacon Gateway W is provided in an elegant plastic enclosure suitable for wall or ceiling installation. It is available in two versions:
- W/ANT: with internal medium-directivity BLE antenna;
- W/SMA: with SMA connector for external BLE antenna.
Possible applications with BlueBeacon Gateway W are: - remote monitoring and management of beacons; - localization of BLE beacons (tags) for RTLS and access control.
- Web graphical user interface for device configuration (including LAN/WLAN network settings)
- BLE beacons reading: scanning for beacons in the reception range (with optional filtering: model/serial, technology, iBeacon-UUID/major/minor, Eddystone-UID, RSSI)
- BlueBeacon beacons connection: managing connection, including authentication (AES-128 ECB) and reading/writing of BLE characteristics
- Integrated RSSI real-time chart plot of received beacons
- Registration and synchronization with BlueBeacon Cloud back-end
- Automatic forwarding on HTTP/HTTPS port (JSON-encoded messages)
- REST APIs for beacons management (beacon scanning, beacon configuration)
- Software upgrade
Hardware: BLE module with Nordic nRF52832 SoC
Version: 4.2 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE module is Bluetooth 5.0 ready)
Frequency: 2.402 to 2.480 GHz
Transmission power: up to +4dBm
Read range: up to 200mt (LOS free-space, version W/ANT)
Antenna: version W/ANT: internal directive patch-antenna
Antenna: version W/SMA: SMA connector for external antenna
Power voltage: 5.1VDC (microUSB connector; power-supply unit included with product)
Current: 1.5A (max)
Mechanical and environmental specification
Enclosure material: ABS (flame-resistant UL94V-0)
Size: 120 x 120 x 45 mm (excluding flanges)
Mounting kit: wall-mounting plastic flange
Operating temperature: 0°C to +50°C
iBeacon technology creates a small area of detection for Bluetooth 4.0 enabled mobile devices. BlueBeacon devices uses iBeacon licensed technology, and have been certified by BlueUp to meet
Apple Proximity Beacon Specifications
Eddystone is a protocol specification that defines BLE formats for proximity beacon advertising, with different frame types that may be used
individually or in combinations to create beacons that can be used for a variety of applications. BlueBeacon devices are certified from Google.